- 1 cup mushroom, paste (Duxelles)
- 2 large roma tomatoes, washed, seeded and finely diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1 baguette, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese, as needed
- 1⁄4 cup pomegranate molasses (or more as needed)
- In a mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, thyme, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir well and set aside.
- On one side only, brush oil on bread slices, covering the entire surface. Place oiled slices on a baking sheet lined with foil and transfer under the broiler with the rack positioned at the top of the oven; grill until brown, about 2 to 2 ½ minutes.
- To assemble the bruschetta, spread a good amount of goat cheese followed by tomato mixture. Drizzle pomegranate molasses over and garnish with chives. 8 servings.