- 12 ounces puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked until just crisped, plus 4 slices fully crisped and chopped
- 3 -4 medium heirloom tomatoes, (res, orange and yellow), sliced into 3/4-inch rounds, plus 1 chopped
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1⁄3 cup ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Unroll puff pastry dough and cut into 8 equal rectangles. Transfer the rectangles to the prepared baking sheet. Beat the egg yolk with 2 teaspoons water. Use a pastry brush and brush the edges of the rectangles with the egg wash. Fill the center with 1-2 tablespoons shredded cheese, then top with a slice of bacon on the diagonal. Top the bacon with another tablespoon of cheese, then a slice of tomato. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold in 2 corners of the rectangles towards the center. The corners should not touch, but should cover a bit of the tomato. Brush the folded corners with egg wash then transfer the baking sheet to the refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes.
- Bake the puffs until golden and cheese is melted, about 15-20 minutes. To serve, top with shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, chopped bacon and a drizzle of ranch dressing.