- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces tomato paste, 1/2 to 1 can
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese or 8 slices provolone cheese
- 8 slices tomatoes
- 8 hamburger buns, preferably grilled
- Combine meat in a large bowl with Parmesan cheese, onion, green pepper, garlic salt, pepper and oregano. If a more garlicky flavor is desired, add 1/8 teaspoons garlic powder to this mixture.
- Add 1/2 to 1 6-oz. can tomato paste to meat mixture to consistency you desire for patties. Shape into 8 patties. (If you put in too much paste, just add some bread crumbs to get the right consistency.).
- Grill over medium hot coals on one side until brown. Turn over and top with cheese slices. Cook until cheese is melted.
- Serve with tomato slices on hamburger buns with dill pickle spears and potato chips or fries. (We like to grill the buns first.).