- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Beat butter or margarine, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and salt, mix well.
- Dissolve baking soda in boiling water and add to mixture. Stir in rolled oats, raisins and chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10-12 minutes.
- Don't over cook.
- (There are no eggs in this recipe, I didn't forget to type it down). Makes 3 dozen