- 12 ounces organic lean pork, minced
- 4 ounces pork belly, minced
- 2 ounces fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 onion, peeled & grated
- 1⁄2 lemon, rind of, grated
- 1⁄2 nutmeg, grated
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- salt, to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 -2 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg white, only
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Combine all the meats with the fresh breadcrumbs, grated onion, lemon rind, nutmeg, parsley, dried herbs, pepper & salt. Mix well, it's better to mix this together with your hands.
- Bind with the 2 beaten eggs & mix well again.
- At this stage you can chill the sausage mixture in the fridge - it's easier to handle when it is slightly firmer. You can also use the mixture for stuffing at this stage too.
- When you are ready to cook the sausages or to shape them ready for freezing, form the mixture into sausage shapes - using a little flour to help you.
- Dip the sausages into the beaten egg white and then dust lightly with the flour and set aside until ready to cook.
- Heat up the oil and butter together in a large frying pan and cook the sausages for about 10-15 minutes over a medium heat. Turn them regularly to ensure they brown evenly.
- Drain them on a paper towel & serve hot with mashed potatoes & onion gravy for "Bangers & Mash" or use them in Toad-in-the-Hole as well as serving them for cooked breakfasts & brunches. They are delicious served cold with chutney too.