- 1 lb lean pork loin, sliced thinly (against the grain)
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup rice wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 12 ounces Chinese wheat noodles (udon noodles may be substituted)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 lb napa cabbage or 1 lb savoy cabbage, sliced very thin
- 3 carrots, grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, rice wine, and sugar, stirring to dissolve.
- Cook noodles in boiling water about 8 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain noodles and rinse under cold water.
- In a large deep skillet or wok, cook onion in oil for about 3 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, carrot and ginger and cook until cabbage is softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the pork and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Cover the mixture with noodles and pour the sauce over all.
- Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes, the remove the lid and toss the mixture together until it is well combined.
- Place on a serving platter and garnish with chopped scallions, if desired.