- 3 cups beef broth
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 1 large carrot
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Durkee onions
- Combine beef and chicken stock in a pot.
- Add carrot, onion and garlic.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover pot and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Discard the carrot, onion and garlic and strain the soup through cheesecloth.
- Place a small amount of each of the green onions, mushrooms and french fried onions in serving bowls and ladle the broth over them. Serve.