- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 large egg white, slightly beaten
- In large bowl, beat 1 cup margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add 1/2 cup corn syrup and egg yolks; blend well.
- Stir in flour; mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour for easier handling.
- In small saucepan, combine powdered sugar, 1/4 cup margarine and 3 Tbsp corn syrup; bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat. Stir in pecans.
- Refrigerate at least 10 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls.
- Place 2-inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Brush dough lightly with egg white.
- With spoon, carefully make deep indentation in center of each cookie; fill each with 1/2 teaspoon.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 6 to 9 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool 1-2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets.
- Cool completely.
- Yield: 3 dozen cookies.